Last Updated: 11/15/2017
Systems Administrator Senior
The Systems Administrator Senior performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
- Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Maintains data files and control procedures for complex systems of networked computers or a single group of microcomputers linked to a host workstation.
- Ensures long-term requirements of systems operations and administration are included in the overall information systems planning of the organization.
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance, configuration, and integrity of computer software.
- Implements operating system enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system.
- Responsible for system security and data integrity that involves general troubleshooting, and communication with end users.
- Monitors network traffic and makes necessary recommendations for additional resources or hardware.
- May maintain project schedules.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems.
- Advanced knowledge of business application software and relational databases.
- Strong analytical capabilities in Application and Hardware Life Cycles and Project Management concepts.
- Working knowledge of System Development Life Cycle and Project Management concepts.
- Excellent communication, effective leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Current on the latest technological advances within industry.
- Familiarity with various software and spreadsheet applications.
- Knowledge and skills may vary by system assignment.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in an associated discipline preferred.
- Five (5) plus years of experience in Systems Administration.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Works in a normal office environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions.
- Extended hours of computer use.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.